ATTENDING LEVEL 1
As specific outcomes of this comprehensive course, you will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to:
- Apply a strategic systems perspective to sustainability,
- grounded in both natural and social sciences, systems thinking, organisational learning and change, and business strategy (The Natural Step Framework)
- Plan for success, using a strategic sustainability planning process and apply some of the key steps in practice
- Effectively present the concept of sustainability and The Natural Step Framework to your key stakeholders, including key messages regarding the business case
ATTENDING LEVEL 2
In this course you will:
- Conduct a Sustainability Value Assessment of your business, community, or organisation
- Strategize how to mobilize colleagues, address objections, and get buy-in to advance sustainability in your business, community, or organisation
- Practice an elevator pitch to make the case for sustainability
- Explore the ecological and social science basis of The Natural Step Framework
- Situate The Natural Step Framework vis-à-vis other sustainability methods
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER
A unique opportunity to receive accredited training in the UK for The Natural Step Level 1 & 2.
This combined level 1 and 2 course takes place over three consecutive days and builds upon more than 25 years of practical experience and results in coaching sustainability champions who are lead- ing their organizations toward a sustainable future. Rather try it first? You can also apply for Level 1 only.
More on venue, pricing, course contents and certificate.
Advisor Bristol / Local Host
Hi I’m Traci Lewis, founder and director of Sustain-Live. I have been working as a sustainable development professional for the past twenty years, on many different delivery programmes in south west England, working with a diverse range of respected partners, including; Cornwall Food & Drink, Duchy College, Organic South West, Plymouth City Council, Plymouth University, Riverford, Soil Association and Triodos Bank.
These programmes have been developed from the initial concept, partnership and funding, through to the strategy, management, communication, marketing and final project delivery. These include; organic certification systems; a south west organic production and market development programme; a national social enterprise network; an EU partnership for the economic development of local food; a city-wide Plymouth food partnership, which helped inspire and establish the national Sustainable Food Cities network. A key outcome has been the rapid growth in the number and types of successful businesses, brands, partnerships and enterprises, which support sustainable and organic food and farming.
Senior Advisor Sweden
Richard is a Senior Advisor with The Natural Step. He primarily works with international companies that are seeking to become role models in sustainable development. Richard’s professional experience covers a range of sustainability-related and engineering roles.
Richard holds a Master’s Degree in Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability from BTH, Sweden. He also has a combined Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (civil and environmental) and International Studies from the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia.
Executive Director Netherlands
Berend is has a strong focus on value creation, facilitation and systems change and works with municipalities, housing associations universities and businesses throughout Europe. Core of his work is the development of resilient communities and organizations that meet the needs of those communities.
Berend has worked with clients such as Philips, City of Eindhoven, Province of Brabant, Woonbedrijf, EPEA, Biomimicry Institute, DLL Asset Management, Chemson, Brainport Industries, DSM, Interface Inc. and many others.
Prior to joining The Natural Step Netherlands, Berend founded the International Center for Sustainable Excellence (ICSE), where he was responsible for concept development and international partnerships, he helped World Life Foundation setup combined education- and reforestation projects in Kenya and worked as Chair and Program Director Sustainable Value Chains at Sustainable Enterprise Foundation.
Currently Berend is working on the expansion of the Dutch office and establishing new offices in England and Scotland and is part of The Natural Step’s International Board.